VERNAL — A 12-year-old Vernal girl who was hit by a car near her bus stop Monday remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.
The girl was struck near the bus stop at 2840 S. 500 West around 7 a.m. Monday as she was crossing the street. She had just been dropped off by her mother when she was hit by a 2004 Hyundai Elantra that was heading south on the road, driven by a 27-year-old woman.
The girl was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center and then transported to a Salt Lake area hospital by medical helicopter.
The Uintah County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident.
— Emiley Morgan
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11