VERNAL — A 12-year-old Vernal girl who was hit by a car near her bus stop Monday remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.
The girl was struck near the bus stop at 2840 S. 500 West around 7 a.m. Monday as she was crossing the street. She had just been dropped off by her mother when she was hit by a 2004 Hyundai Elantra that was heading south on the road, driven by a 27-year-old woman.
The girl was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center and then transported to a Salt Lake area hospital by medical helicopter.
The Uintah County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident.
— Emiley Morgan
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Teenage girl bullied relentlessly gets... 13
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13