VERNAL — A 12-year-old Vernal girl who was hit by a car near her bus stop Monday remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.
The girl was struck near the bus stop at 2840 S. 500 West around 7 a.m. Monday as she was crossing the street. She had just been dropped off by her mother when she was hit by a 2004 Hyundai Elantra that was heading south on the road, driven by a 27-year-old woman.
The girl was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center and then transported to a Salt Lake area hospital by medical helicopter.
The Uintah County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident.
— Emiley Morgan
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14