Utah Jazz Extra: All-Foreign Team and who's hot, not, up next
Just wondering ...
(Where random Jazz info happens. This week: Decade's All-Foreign Team)
Jazz players Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur were included on a subjective All-Foreign Team for the decade compiled by longtime NBA writer Peter May, an ex-Boston Globe sports writer now freelancing for HoopsHype.com.
May's first team features China's Yao Ming, Germany's Dirk Nowitzki, Spain's Pau Gasol, Belgian-born Tony Parker of France and Argentina's Manu Ginobili.
Russia native Kirilenko is joined on May's second team by Serbs Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic, Turk Hedo Turkoglu and Spaniard Jose Calderon.
Turkey's Okur — designated as a forward, though he's played center in Utah — is joined on the third team by Lithuania's Zydrunas Ilgauskas, France's Boris Diaw, Argentina's Andres Nocioni and Brazil's Leandro Barbosa.
Admitted omissions include Vladimir Radmanovic, Luis Scola, Nene and Anderson Varejao.
Also missing (but not really)?
Ukraine's Kyrylo Fesenko.
— Tim Buckley and Jody Genessy
vs. New Orleans, Today, 7 p.m., FSN
Sweet! The game all of Utah's been anticipating. CP3 vs. D-Will? Nah. Try Ogden-born Devin Brown's homecoming.
vs. Memphis, Wednesday, 7 p.m, FSN
Don't laugh (or cry), but the way these teams are going, Grizzlies might make playoffs and Jazz might be in lottery.
at Memphis, Friday, 6 p.m., FSN
Grizzlies have lost to Jazz nine straight times coming into this week, but they're better at home than Utah is on road.
at Dallas, Saturday, 6:30 p.m., FSN
If Dirk Nowitzki keeps on scoring like he did in fourth quarter of Jazz's last trip here, he'll drop 116 points on Utah.
The BIG Stat
That's the winning percentage (84.6 percent, to be exact) Deron Williams has so far in head-to-head match-ups with his pal, Chris Paul. CP3 gets most of the point guard publicity, but D-Will has racked up an 11-2 record during Jazz-Hornets encounters.
Strong week: 12.7 ppg, 3 spg, 2.3 rpg and shot 58.1 percent from field
He averaged 9.3 rpg, 14.3 ppg last week, but aim was off (15-for-45)
Three-point shots ...
Nuggets guard Ty Lawson on Twitter:"Only in Utah is where ull find somebody rockin the hitler mustache... Lmao." (Saturday from Salt Lake).
Jody Genessy's response on the Jazz blog:"Somebody in the Denver PR department needs to help this confused 22-year-old rookie get his ridiculous stereotypes straight, and quick. We're all Jell-O-gulping polygamists here, not nazis. DUH!"
Online reader comment:"I'm usually the guy who says home fans should never do it, but if I was there, I would've booed the Jazz silly. Horrible performance and effort." (Anonymous post after Saturday's loss.)
Contributing: Tim Buckley
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48