Utah Jazz Extra: Deron Williams on being player of the week; Who's hot, not and on tap
Just wondering ...
(Where random Jazz Q&As happen. This week: Deron Williams)
Williams followed Carlos Boozer in being named Western Conference player of the week last Monday, following Carlos Boozer. He hopes it will raise his All-Star stock, but said players don't receive anything extra — not even a certificate. He also smiled while downplaying the achievement.
"It's a nice honor, but it's only a week," he said. "I actually didn't know Booz was (player of the week) until somebody told us we were back-to-back, so it can't be that big of a deal."
at Orlando, Monday, 5 p.m., FSN
Remember how Orlando led Utah by 18 points, then fell apart and got blown out on Dec. 10? The Magic do, too.
at Miami, Wednesday, 5:30 p.m., FSN
Jazz personnel might have to remind South Beach resident Carlos Boozer that he needs to go to visitors' locker room.
vs. Philadelphia, Saturday, 7 p.m., FSN
Utah fans will get rare chance to see ex-Memphis great Allen Iverson in the Jazz's last home game until 2010.
The BIG stat
10: The Jazz have had their fair share of stinkers this season, that's for sure. But to their credit, they don't stay down for too long. Utah has bounced back after losses to win the next game in 10 of 11 tries this season, including twice last week.
Paul Millsap: Backup PF scored 13 ppg, hit 24 of 35 shots (68.6 FG%) last week
Kyle Korver: Only scored nine points in first week back and is still having knee issues
Three-point shots ...
— Deron Williams on Twitter: "Can't wait to play 2mara appologies to all the jazz fans out there for my play personally and the teams play as well!!! No excuse...." (Tweeted after Friday's ugly loss in Atlanta.)
— C.J. Miles on Twitter: "Way to bounce back fellas .....great win!!!! .... Now off 2 Orlando... Get some of this good weather .... Maybe do some last minute shoppin." (Tweeted after Saturday's solid win in Charlotte.)
— Ronnie Price on Jazz blog: "(No one) should be worried about playing time if we're winning." (Monday about the Jazz's suddenly crowded roster.)
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 35
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20