ATLANTA — Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver scored seven points in his second game played following knee surgery, shooting 3-for-4 from the field while logging 11 minutes off the bench in Wednesday night's win at New Jersey.
But the knee, according to Korver, remains bothersome at times.
"There's still some pain," said Korver, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on Oct. 28 to remove a bone spur from his left knee.
"I have weightroom power back, but I don't have basketball power back. Not all the way," he added after Wednesday's game. "There's still some movements I'm not very confident in. But it's coming. It's getting better. My mind felt, for sure, better than it did the other night."
Korver dressed for last Saturday's win over the Los Angeles, but he didn't play his first game post-surgery until shooting 0-for-3 in Monday night's home loss to Minnesota.
TV TALK: Out-for-the-season Jazz forward Matt Harpring, his NBA playing career cut short by chronic knee and ankle injuries, will join play-by-play man Craig Bolerjack and analyst Ron Boone for FSN Utah's cable-television showing of Utah's visit tonight with the Atlanta Hawks.
Harpring, who calls Atlanta home, worked Jazz games on TV, on the radio and in studio throughout last week. He's contemplating a possible post-retirement broadcast career.
The Jazz, incidentally, were going to hold their shootaround this morning at Georgia Tech, where Harpring's retired college number hangs from the rafters.
Because of a maintenance issue, though, they'll shoot instead today at Atlanta's Philips Arena.
MISC.: According to USA Today and Hoopsworld.com, Orlando Magic guard Jameer Nelson — who tore knee meniscus four weeks ago — hopes to play as soon as Monday night's game against the Jazz. ... Philadelphia guard Lou Williams tweeted this week that he's "projecting" a Dec. 26 return — the Jazz play host to the 76ers that night — from his broken jaw. ... Ex-Jazz big man Mikki Moore of the Golden State Warriors will be out indefinitely following surgery this week to remove bone spurs from his right heel. The San Francisco Chronicle reported that "Moore will have the foot casted and will be on crutches for several weeks." ... Former Jazz forward Donyell Marshall "is doing some work on the (76ers') pregame and postgame TV shows on Comcast, the (Ohio) News-Herald reported. ... Ex-Jazz big man Jarron Collins' twin brother Jason has played seven of 24 games this season for Atlanta.
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Ranking the best college running backs...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Contract delay keeps Utah Jazz rookie Trey...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 100
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 25
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 24