Gerry Avant, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Frances Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, is recovering from a broken shoulder and hip suffered in a fall last month.
"Sister Monson is receiving ongoing rehabilitation services, and doctors note that she is making good progress toward recovery," said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She fell on Nov. 4.
"President Monson wishes to express his gratitude for the prayers and well-wishes of those concerned for Sister Monson's welfare," Trotter added.
— Scott Taylor
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14