Gerry Avant, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Frances Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, is recovering from a broken shoulder and hip suffered in a fall last month.
"Sister Monson is receiving ongoing rehabilitation services, and doctors note that she is making good progress toward recovery," said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She fell on Nov. 4.
"President Monson wishes to express his gratitude for the prayers and well-wishes of those concerned for Sister Monson's welfare," Trotter added.
— Scott Taylor
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8