Gerry Avant, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Frances Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, is recovering from a broken shoulder and hip suffered in a fall last month.
"Sister Monson is receiving ongoing rehabilitation services, and doctors note that she is making good progress toward recovery," said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She fell on Nov. 4.
"President Monson wishes to express his gratitude for the prayers and well-wishes of those concerned for Sister Monson's welfare," Trotter added.
— Scott Taylor
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9