Gerry Avant, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Sister Frances Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, is recovering from a broken shoulder and hip suffered in a fall last month.
"Sister Monson is receiving ongoing rehabilitation services, and doctors note that she is making good progress toward recovery," said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She fell on Nov. 4.
"President Monson wishes to express his gratitude for the prayers and well-wishes of those concerned for Sister Monson's welfare," Trotter added.
— Scott Taylor
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12