TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested five juveniles after a Taylorsville man was stabbed in the neck early Sunday.
According to police, the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. at a home near 4700 South and 3600 West, was retaliation for another assault earlier in the night. The victim was taken to an area hospital in very serious condition.
He and the five arrested are members of different gangs, police said.
Police said witnesses who saw four males and one female fleeing the scene gave officers information leading to their arrest. The five were booked into a juvenile detention center for investigation of attempted homicide. The female was also booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police did not release the ages of those arrested.
Alcohol was a factor for all parties involved in the incident, police said.
— Paul Koepp
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12