TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested five juveniles after a Taylorsville man was stabbed in the neck early Sunday.
According to police, the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. at a home near 4700 South and 3600 West, was retaliation for another assault earlier in the night. The victim was taken to an area hospital in very serious condition.
He and the five arrested are members of different gangs, police said.
Police said witnesses who saw four males and one female fleeing the scene gave officers information leading to their arrest. The five were booked into a juvenile detention center for investigation of attempted homicide. The female was also booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police did not release the ages of those arrested.
Alcohol was a factor for all parties involved in the incident, police said.
— Paul Koepp
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14