TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested five juveniles after a Taylorsville man was stabbed in the neck early Sunday.
According to police, the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. at a home near 4700 South and 3600 West, was retaliation for another assault earlier in the night. The victim was taken to an area hospital in very serious condition.
He and the five arrested are members of different gangs, police said.
Police said witnesses who saw four males and one female fleeing the scene gave officers information leading to their arrest. The five were booked into a juvenile detention center for investigation of attempted homicide. The female was also booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police did not release the ages of those arrested.
Alcohol was a factor for all parties involved in the incident, police said.
— Paul Koepp
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 12