TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested five juveniles after a Taylorsville man was stabbed in the neck early Sunday.
According to police, the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. at a home near 4700 South and 3600 West, was retaliation for another assault earlier in the night. The victim was taken to an area hospital in very serious condition.
He and the five arrested are members of different gangs, police said.
Police said witnesses who saw four males and one female fleeing the scene gave officers information leading to their arrest. The five were booked into a juvenile detention center for investigation of attempted homicide. The female was also booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police did not release the ages of those arrested.
Alcohol was a factor for all parties involved in the incident, police said.
— Paul Koepp
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising Donald...
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15