TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested five juveniles after a Taylorsville man was stabbed in the neck early Sunday.
According to police, the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. at a home near 4700 South and 3600 West, was retaliation for another assault earlier in the night. The victim was taken to an area hospital in very serious condition.
He and the five arrested are members of different gangs, police said.
Police said witnesses who saw four males and one female fleeing the scene gave officers information leading to their arrest. The five were booked into a juvenile detention center for investigation of attempted homicide. The female was also booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police did not release the ages of those arrested.
Alcohol was a factor for all parties involved in the incident, police said.
— Paul Koepp
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15