Carlos Boozer isn't letting critical comments from TNT analyst Charles Barkley get to him. "I don't worry about that," the Jazz power forward said.
"I don't worry about that," the Jazz power forward said after Utah's morning shootaround prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers. "That's for you guys (media) to talk about."
Said Barkley after the Jazz's TNT-televised win over Orlando on Thursday night:
"(The Jazz) are a decent team, but they have to do something about Carlos Boozer. They know they are not going to re-sign him.
"Carlos Boozer started it last year when he said he was opting out of his contract. That offended the Jazz and the people of Salt Lake and now he is going to be a free agent. So now they are going through the motions this year because Boozer is not going to be there after next year."
When asked if he thought Jazz point guard Deron Williams and the rest of his teammates are thinking that much about next year right now, Barkley answered, "Yes, that is one reason Carlos Boozer has been inconsistent. You can't fake energy and effort. He knows he is not going to be there next year. Everyone in Utah knows it; everyone on that team knows it."
After ultimately after opting against opting out, Boozer is in the final year of his current contract with the club.
He said a Jazz public relations rep made him aware of Barkley's comments Saturday, when they appeared in both Salt Lake City daily newspapers.
"I just saw a quick thing about it this morning ... but it didn't bother me at all," he said.
The two-time NBA All-Star said he had a "good relationship" with Barkley, and indicated he felt the comments were ill-timed in light of his and the Jazz's strong play of late.
"That's just how it goes, man," Boozer said. "You know, people need something to talk about. And sometimes they choose that route instead of the other route.
"So, I don't worry about that stuff," he added. "I just keep playing, having fun with my teammates and let everything take care of itself."
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 92
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 76
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48