Carlos Boozer isn't letting critical comments from TNT analyst Charles Barkley get to him. "I don't worry about that," the Jazz power forward said.
"I don't worry about that," the Jazz power forward said after Utah's morning shootaround prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers. "That's for you guys (media) to talk about."
Said Barkley after the Jazz's TNT-televised win over Orlando on Thursday night:
"(The Jazz) are a decent team, but they have to do something about Carlos Boozer. They know they are not going to re-sign him.
"Carlos Boozer started it last year when he said he was opting out of his contract. That offended the Jazz and the people of Salt Lake and now he is going to be a free agent. So now they are going through the motions this year because Boozer is not going to be there after next year."
When asked if he thought Jazz point guard Deron Williams and the rest of his teammates are thinking that much about next year right now, Barkley answered, "Yes, that is one reason Carlos Boozer has been inconsistent. You can't fake energy and effort. He knows he is not going to be there next year. Everyone in Utah knows it; everyone on that team knows it."
After ultimately after opting against opting out, Boozer is in the final year of his current contract with the club.
He said a Jazz public relations rep made him aware of Barkley's comments Saturday, when they appeared in both Salt Lake City daily newspapers.
"I just saw a quick thing about it this morning ... but it didn't bother me at all," he said.
The two-time NBA All-Star said he had a "good relationship" with Barkley, and indicated he felt the comments were ill-timed in light of his and the Jazz's strong play of late.
"That's just how it goes, man," Boozer said. "You know, people need something to talk about. And sometimes they choose that route instead of the other route.
"So, I don't worry about that stuff," he added. "I just keep playing, having fun with my teammates and let everything take care of itself."
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 47
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 25
- NBA draft: Utah Jazz select Trey Lyles... 22
- NBA draft: Utes' Delon Wright selected... 17
- Upstill: Does Trey Lyles have what it... 16
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13