High school sports: Clinic available for softball, baseball players on Saturday
Basic Sports Training is offering local softball and baseball players the opportunity to be evaluated by college scouts this weekend, as well as learn some valuable training techniques.
Any softball or baseball player, grades 9-12, are invited to the Nike Sparq baseball and softball combine. It will be held at Salt Lake Regional, Cottonwood Sports Center, 4888 S. Highland Drive on Saturday, Dec. 12.
The clinic for softball players will be at 10 a.m., while baseball players' testing begins at 1 p.m.
The Sparq rating is a number that identifies the athletic ability of student athletes and is used in recruiting by college coaches as they assess high school athletes. Athletes can see and compare their scores at www.sparqtraining.com.
As part of the combine, Dr. Russ Toronto, M.D. in Sports Medicine, will be hosting an injury prevention clinic.
The cost is $15 and is limited to the first 100 athletes. To pre-register students can call 801-866-9928.
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 77
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 25