High school sports: Clinic available for softball, baseball players on Saturday
Basic Sports Training is offering local softball and baseball players the opportunity to be evaluated by college scouts this weekend, as well as learn some valuable training techniques.
Any softball or baseball player, grades 9-12, are invited to the Nike Sparq baseball and softball combine. It will be held at Salt Lake Regional, Cottonwood Sports Center, 4888 S. Highland Drive on Saturday, Dec. 12.
The clinic for softball players will be at 10 a.m., while baseball players' testing begins at 1 p.m.
The Sparq rating is a number that identifies the athletic ability of student athletes and is used in recruiting by college coaches as they assess high school athletes. Athletes can see and compare their scores at www.sparqtraining.com.
As part of the combine, Dr. Russ Toronto, M.D. in Sports Medicine, will be hosting an injury prevention clinic.
The cost is $15 and is limited to the first 100 athletes. To pre-register students can call 801-866-9928.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 120
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 66
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 52
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 28