High school sports: Clinic available for softball, baseball players on Saturday
Basic Sports Training is offering local softball and baseball players the opportunity to be evaluated by college scouts this weekend, as well as learn some valuable training techniques.
Any softball or baseball player, grades 9-12, are invited to the Nike Sparq baseball and softball combine. It will be held at Salt Lake Regional, Cottonwood Sports Center, 4888 S. Highland Drive on Saturday, Dec. 12.
The clinic for softball players will be at 10 a.m., while baseball players' testing begins at 1 p.m.
The Sparq rating is a number that identifies the athletic ability of student athletes and is used in recruiting by college coaches as they assess high school athletes. Athletes can see and compare their scores at www.sparqtraining.com.
As part of the combine, Dr. Russ Toronto, M.D. in Sports Medicine, will be hosting an injury prevention clinic.
The cost is $15 and is limited to the first 100 athletes. To pre-register students can call 801-866-9928.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Morning links: West's Keisha White's dazzling...
- Timpanogos takes home a 4A state championship...
- High school baseball: American Fork sweeps...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- High school sports: Spring Academic All-State
- High school All-Sports awards: Lone Peak,...
- BYU football receives commitment from... 18
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball... 5
- Timpanogos takes home a 4A state... 3
- High school baseball: American Fork... 3
- Championship Thursday: Four prep state... 0
- 5A baseball playoffs: Rivals set to... 0
- Morning links: West's Keisha White's... 0
- High school sports: Spring Academic... 0