High school sports: Clinic available for softball, baseball players on Saturday
Basic Sports Training is offering local softball and baseball players the opportunity to be evaluated by college scouts this weekend, as well as learn some valuable training techniques.
Any softball or baseball player, grades 9-12, are invited to the Nike Sparq baseball and softball combine. It will be held at Salt Lake Regional, Cottonwood Sports Center, 4888 S. Highland Drive on Saturday, Dec. 12.
The clinic for softball players will be at 10 a.m., while baseball players' testing begins at 1 p.m.
The Sparq rating is a number that identifies the athletic ability of student athletes and is used in recruiting by college coaches as they assess high school athletes. Athletes can see and compare their scores at www.sparqtraining.com.
As part of the combine, Dr. Russ Toronto, M.D. in Sports Medicine, will be hosting an injury prevention clinic.
The cost is $15 and is limited to the first 100 athletes. To pre-register students can call 801-866-9928.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37