Rookie point guard Eric Maynor and shooting guard Kyle Korver were also absent. Maynor, a Virginia Commonwealth University product, was honored by his alma mater — in Richmond, Va. — where Maynor is the all-time leader in scoring and assists — at a home game against Rhode Island on Wednesday. He'll return today. Korver is set to rejoin the team as well after doing a short rehab stint on his recuperating left knee at a workout facility in Santa Barbara, Calif.
Guard Ronnie Price was in attendance and increased his activity level but did not practice and is doubtful for Friday.
MR. PERFECT: Asked if he was happy with what he saw when Miles played some 2-on-2 ball Monday before officially returning to practice Wednesday, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan responded with a slight smile: "I never like what I see. … That's what all coaches are looking for — a perfect thing."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34