Just wondering …
(Where random Jazz Q&As happen. This week: Kyrylo Fesenko's FTs)
Fesenko's free-throw woes continue. The center missed 5 of 8 freebies Saturday and is shooting better from the field (.548) than the foul line (.533).
Fesenko: Don't remind me about that. Probably I'm going to shoot like thousand free throws (at practice).
Question: Is Jeff Hornacek (Jazz shooting coach) going to be all over you?
Fesenko: He gonna be a little bit mad at me because he gave me the new form and before it was working OK. But today I just don't know, like, I just don't have feeling of it. My legs were separated from my body.
Andrei Kirilenko: Fes just step in big. He should make his free throws, though. I'm gong to talk to Jeff about it. (Laughs).
The Big Stat
67: The combined percentage of field goals the hot-shooting Jazz have hit in the first half of their last two games and blowout wins, including a season-best 68.6 percent Saturday vs. Portland and a 65.8 percent FG clip Thursday against Chicago.
Utah Jazz: Team has shot 60% in two straight outings for first time since 1995
Carlos Boozer: Fantastic four-game flurry: 25.5 ppg (71% FG), 8.5 rpg, 5 apg
A look at Jazz opponents for the next seven days:
vs. Memphis, today, 7 p.m., FSN
The idea that Allen Iverson would rather retire than play for Grizzlies pretty much sums up their struggling plight.
vs. Indiana, Friday, 7 p.m., FSN
Game closes one of the cushiest-ever homestands for Jazz, who haven't had to pack a suitcase for two-plus weeks.
at Minnesota, Saturday, 6 p.m., FSN
A win-win situation, really. A victory helps in the standings. A loss puts not-so-pesky T-Wolves closer to Knicks.
A smiling Mehmet Okur to reporters upon entering arena before Saturday's basketball game: "Happy BYU-Utah Day!"
Online reader comment: "Man I wish Boozer wasn't so money hungry or I wish he would stay with the jazz cause I love the way he's been playing lately and I've always loved it." (From "I wish …" at 12:39 a.m., Thursday)
C.J. Miles on Twitter: "It's freezing outside and they are eating ice cream cones outside at gateway lol." (Tweeted Friday at 12:55 p.m.)
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 32