I agree with Anne Parker Story (Readers' Forum, Oct. 19) and Kyle D. Smith (Readers' Forum, Oct. 20). No penalty is too tough for a DUI offender. In some countries, the law is much tougher. If a person drives drunk even one time, he loses his license forever.
If our laws were stricter, we would have much less drunken driving. Even one drunken driving accident is too many.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19