Player of the game
The senior quartback passed for 112 yards and a touchdown with no time remaining to pull out the win for Juan Diego.
Play of the game
With less than a minute to go, the Soaring Eagle marched from their own 20 to the other endzone behind three first-down passes by QB Cody Stevenson. There was just 2.9 seconds left on the clock when Stevenson connected with Bruce Nix for the winning touchdown reception.
Key state of the game
Juan Diego traveled 80 yards in 46 seconds on their final scoring drive after picking up just 51 yards of total offense in the rest of the second half. Bruce Nix had just 67 receiving yards in the game, 31 of which came on the final play of game with the winning score.
A bit of history
The defending Class 3A champion Soaring Eagle are in the finals for fifth time in its 10-year history. The Tigers appeared in its second straight title game for just the second time in school history (the other was in 1983-84). The Tigers are still trying to win their first championship.
"This is the most amazing feeling I've ever felt." Cody Stevenson, Juan Diego quarterback
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34