Player of the game
The senior quartback passed for 112 yards and a touchdown with no time remaining to pull out the win for Juan Diego.
Play of the game
With less than a minute to go, the Soaring Eagle marched from their own 20 to the other endzone behind three first-down passes by QB Cody Stevenson. There was just 2.9 seconds left on the clock when Stevenson connected with Bruce Nix for the winning touchdown reception.
Key state of the game
Juan Diego traveled 80 yards in 46 seconds on their final scoring drive after picking up just 51 yards of total offense in the rest of the second half. Bruce Nix had just 67 receiving yards in the game, 31 of which came on the final play of game with the winning score.
A bit of history
The defending Class 3A champion Soaring Eagle are in the finals for fifth time in its 10-year history. The Tigers appeared in its second straight title game for just the second time in school history (the other was in 1983-84). The Tigers are still trying to win their first championship.
"This is the most amazing feeling I've ever felt." Cody Stevenson, Juan Diego quarterback
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34