Player of the game
The senior quartback passed for 112 yards and a touchdown with no time remaining to pull out the win for Juan Diego.
Play of the game
With less than a minute to go, the Soaring Eagle marched from their own 20 to the other endzone behind three first-down passes by QB Cody Stevenson. There was just 2.9 seconds left on the clock when Stevenson connected with Bruce Nix for the winning touchdown reception.
Key state of the game
Juan Diego traveled 80 yards in 46 seconds on their final scoring drive after picking up just 51 yards of total offense in the rest of the second half. Bruce Nix had just 67 receiving yards in the game, 31 of which came on the final play of game with the winning score.
A bit of history
The defending Class 3A champion Soaring Eagle are in the finals for fifth time in its 10-year history. The Tigers appeared in its second straight title game for just the second time in school history (the other was in 1983-84). The Tigers are still trying to win their first championship.
"This is the most amazing feeling I've ever felt." Cody Stevenson, Juan Diego quarterback
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 34
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28