Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Leaving your child alone in public? Better be...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all learn...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 51
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 12
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5