Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- 14 potential signs of autism you may be...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Two powerful forces make American... 23
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 12
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 12
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable... 4