Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Here's an unexpected way to get... 0
- New York Times article explains how to... 0