Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- The Clean Cut: 'Duck Dynasty' daughter dances...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- What kids crave in a relationship with a...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Meet the sandwich generation caring for aging...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- SNL turns 40: 10 family friendly skits from...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 9
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 7
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- The holy grail of community design 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- SNL turns 40: 10 family friendly skits... 2
- Is preschool worth the money? 2