Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- One thing that changes every marriage
- A mother's voice: Remembering Emilie a year...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 18
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- What you think of welfare program... 15
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Little difference between PG-13 and... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9