Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 14
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11