Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 12
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 3
- This week in history: The British... 2