Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2