Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6