Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- 25 restaurants that offer free food on your...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta, Lexi Walker...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- ‘Wife bonus:’ Is paying women...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 25
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 13
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3