Catch the day's first flight. Early flights usually are cheaper.
Check for sales after noon on Tuesday. That's when most airlines have matched discounts announced on Monday night.
Sign up for e-mailed fare alerts from airlines and travel Web sites such as FareCompare.com and Travelocity's FareWatcher Plus.
When booking a flight, give your name as it appears on the ID you'll show at the airport.
Check in online before your flight to save time and money.
Don't carry on or check wrapped packages. They may be opened at security checks.
Visit www.tsa.gov to see what you may take through checkpoints.
Be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight, two hours before an international trip.
Carry on a change of clothes, medication, snacks and toys in case you get stuck.
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- 5-year-old rings bell, celebrates end of...
- Here's my favorite 'Age of Ultron' plot twist
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 4
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US... 1
- What does a Dutch cereal farm have to... 1