TAYLORSVILLE — Fire officials believe that food left on a burner caused a fire that destroyed a home's kitchen Sunday afternoon.
Two people were home at 3418 W. Silver Medal Drive when fire spread through the kitchen about 1 p.m. Fire crews responded quickly, but the fire destroyed the kitchen and there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Smith.
One person was checked on scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Smith said damage is estimated at $50,000. Investigators ruled the fire accidental.
— Lana Groves
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12