TAYLORSVILLE — Fire officials believe that food left on a burner caused a fire that destroyed a home's kitchen Sunday afternoon.
Two people were home at 3418 W. Silver Medal Drive when fire spread through the kitchen about 1 p.m. Fire crews responded quickly, but the fire destroyed the kitchen and there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Smith.
One person was checked on scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Smith said damage is estimated at $50,000. Investigators ruled the fire accidental.
— Lana Groves
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26