BOSTON — In the wake of Wednesday night's 105-86 loss at Boston, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said today that a starting lineup change will be considered for Friday's game at Philadelphia.
He did not, however, commit to making a switch or even say which possible change was being considered.
"We'll see what happens," Sloan said. "We'll discuss it with our coaches. We've already discussed it. We discussed it all the time."
Sloan benched starting power forward Carlos Boozer in favor of backup Paul Millsap early in both the first and third quarters of Wednesday's loss to the Celtics, and he replaced starting center Mehmet Okur with backup Kyrylo Fesenko early in Wednesday's third quarter as well.
Boozer had just two rebounds against Boston, and Okur three.
Asked if he'd consider replacing Boozer with Millsap in the opening lineup, Sloan said, "I don't know. I don't know who it will be. But I'll have to make that decision when it comes down to it."
Point guard Deron Williams, meanwhile, didn't take part in all of practice today at Suffolk University, but he did warm up and shoot.
Williams said his strained back and bruised calf were feeling better this morning, and the Jazz were calling him "probable" for Friday night's game against the 76ers.
Backup point Ronnie Price, however, did not practice today and according to the Jazz will be "out" Friday.
Price indicated today that his sprained left big toe wasn't getting any better.
The Jazz practiced here in Boston this morning, and were scheduled to play to Philly this afternoon for the third outing in a four-game Eastern road swing that ends Saturday night at Cleveland.
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Championship ring: President calls Cavs coach...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 164
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 41
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 34
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 23
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19