Utah Highway Patrol
A winter storm blasted Millard, Beaver and Iron counties Wednesday, the Utah Highway Patrol said, leading to 51 crashes.
There were also 34 slide-offs reported and several people were injured, said trooper Cameron Roden. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, he said.
In Millard County, a truck hauling cars jackknifed on I-15. No one was injured, Roden said.
A trooper's patrol car was sideswiped by a semitrailer on the interstate near the Iron County-Beaver County line. Roden said the trooper had stopped to assist another motorist and was not in her car when it was hit. She was not injured.
— Geoff Liesik
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13