Utah Highway Patrol
A winter storm blasted Millard, Beaver and Iron counties Wednesday, the Utah Highway Patrol said, leading to 51 crashes.
There were also 34 slide-offs reported and several people were injured, said trooper Cameron Roden. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, he said.
In Millard County, a truck hauling cars jackknifed on I-15. No one was injured, Roden said.
A trooper's patrol car was sideswiped by a semitrailer on the interstate near the Iron County-Beaver County line. Roden said the trooper had stopped to assist another motorist and was not in her car when it was hit. She was not injured.
— Geoff Liesik
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9