Utah Highway Patrol
A winter storm blasted Millard, Beaver and Iron counties Wednesday, the Utah Highway Patrol said, leading to 51 crashes.
There were also 34 slide-offs reported and several people were injured, said trooper Cameron Roden. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, he said.
In Millard County, a truck hauling cars jackknifed on I-15. No one was injured, Roden said.
A trooper's patrol car was sideswiped by a semitrailer on the interstate near the Iron County-Beaver County line. Roden said the trooper had stopped to assist another motorist and was not in her car when it was hit. She was not injured.
— Geoff Liesik
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14