Utah Highway Patrol
A winter storm blasted Millard, Beaver and Iron counties Wednesday, the Utah Highway Patrol said, leading to 51 crashes.
There were also 34 slide-offs reported and several people were injured, said trooper Cameron Roden. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, he said.
In Millard County, a truck hauling cars jackknifed on I-15. No one was injured, Roden said.
A trooper's patrol car was sideswiped by a semitrailer on the interstate near the Iron County-Beaver County line. Roden said the trooper had stopped to assist another motorist and was not in her car when it was hit. She was not injured.
— Geoff Liesik
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11