Utah Highway Patrol
A winter storm blasted Millard, Beaver and Iron counties Wednesday, the Utah Highway Patrol said, leading to 51 crashes.
There were also 34 slide-offs reported and several people were injured, said trooper Cameron Roden. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, he said.
In Millard County, a truck hauling cars jackknifed on I-15. No one was injured, Roden said.
A trooper's patrol car was sideswiped by a semitrailer on the interstate near the Iron County-Beaver County line. Roden said the trooper had stopped to assist another motorist and was not in her car when it was hit. She was not injured.
— Geoff Liesik
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17