Tennessee: Centennial observed for Northcutt Cove Chapel
WARREN COUNTY, Tenn. — More than 100 people braved the cold weather permeating the beautiful
hilltops of Tennessee to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Northcutt Cove
Chapel on Saturday, Oct. 17.The little wooden-frame building with its bell tower and spire stands as
a monument to Southern pioneers of the church. \"Our Southern LDS heritage
is rich here in the hills of Tennessee,\" said Keith Fults, former bishop of
the Altamont Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake.
Erected in 1909, the building is one of the oldest standing
meetinghouses of the church in the southeastern United States. The chapel
was dedicated Oct. 24, 1909, by Charles A. Callis, president of the
Southern States Mission and later a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The
chapel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18,
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- LDS Church releases 'He Is The Gift'...
- Watch: LDS musician Lindsey Stirling speaks...
- LDS Church to send email newsletters to...
- The foolish pilgrim offers a valuable lesson
- New friends plan to work together to... 60
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- John Jones died in a cave, but his... 14
- Ask Angela: Should I end this... 10
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon 8
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an... 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6