Tennessee: Centennial observed for Northcutt Cove Chapel
WARREN COUNTY, Tenn. — More than 100 people braved the cold weather permeating the beautiful
hilltops of Tennessee to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Northcutt Cove
Chapel on Saturday, Oct. 17.The little wooden-frame building with its bell tower and spire stands as
a monument to Southern pioneers of the church. \"Our Southern LDS heritage
is rich here in the hills of Tennessee,\" said Keith Fults, former bishop of
the Altamont Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake.
Erected in 1909, the building is one of the oldest standing
meetinghouses of the church in the southeastern United States. The chapel
was dedicated Oct. 24, 1909, by Charles A. Callis, president of the
Southern States Mission and later a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The
chapel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18,
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon...
- Overcoming drugs, alcohol, pornography:...
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's story...
- Is the world's oldest Quran older than Muhammad?
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- ... 41
- Discovery of chiasmus in Book of Mormon... 20
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 16
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos... 9
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8
- LDS addiction recovery video: David's... 8
- 14 things you’ll find in Donald... 6