Tennessee: Centennial observed for Northcutt Cove Chapel
WARREN COUNTY, Tenn. — More than 100 people braved the cold weather permeating the beautiful
hilltops of Tennessee to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Northcutt Cove
Chapel on Saturday, Oct. 17.The little wooden-frame building with its bell tower and spire stands as
a monument to Southern pioneers of the church. \"Our Southern LDS heritage
is rich here in the hills of Tennessee,\" said Keith Fults, former bishop of
the Altamont Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake.
Erected in 1909, the building is one of the oldest standing
meetinghouses of the church in the southeastern United States. The chapel
was dedicated Oct. 24, 1909, by Charles A. Callis, president of the
Southern States Mission and later a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The
chapel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18,
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Mormon missionary killed, another injured in...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's... 83
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 73
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 44
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 27
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 25
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22