Tennessee: Centennial observed for Northcutt Cove Chapel
WARREN COUNTY, Tenn. — More than 100 people braved the cold weather permeating the beautiful
hilltops of Tennessee to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Northcutt Cove
Chapel on Saturday, Oct. 17.The little wooden-frame building with its bell tower and spire stands as
a monument to Southern pioneers of the church. \"Our Southern LDS heritage
is rich here in the hills of Tennessee,\" said Keith Fults, former bishop of
the Altamont Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake.
Erected in 1909, the building is one of the oldest standing
meetinghouses of the church in the southeastern United States. The chapel
was dedicated Oct. 24, 1909, by Charles A. Callis, president of the
Southern States Mission and later a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The
chapel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18,
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's tender...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 20
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's... 1