Tennessee: Centennial observed for Northcutt Cove Chapel
WARREN COUNTY, Tenn. — More than 100 people braved the cold weather permeating the beautiful
hilltops of Tennessee to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Northcutt Cove
Chapel on Saturday, Oct. 17.The little wooden-frame building with its bell tower and spire stands as
a monument to Southern pioneers of the church. \"Our Southern LDS heritage
is rich here in the hills of Tennessee,\" said Keith Fults, former bishop of
the Altamont Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake.
Erected in 1909, the building is one of the oldest standing
meetinghouses of the church in the southeastern United States. The chapel
was dedicated Oct. 24, 1909, by Charles A. Callis, president of the
Southern States Mission and later a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The
chapel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18,
- Police interviewing some of the 12 girls...
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he has 'no...
- 1st edition Book of Mormon sells for $52,500...
- New video on LDS Facebook page celebrates...
- LDS Church releases new video of Elder...
- Warnings come true: Indicted FLDS leader Lyle...
- Utah welcomes His Holiness the 14th Dalai...
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 70
- LDS Church releases new video of Elder... 34
- Defending the Faith: The challenge... 27
- Survey: White evangelicals say US no... 21
- Trump to top evangelicals:... 19
- Warnings come true: Indicted FLDS... 18
- Elder Holland introduces new Mormon... 15
- Report says list of ‘Islamophobic... 11