SALT LAKE CITY — The City Library celebrated the Chinese New Year at the Main Library Saturday afternoon.
This year celebrates the Year of the Dragon. In the Chinese zodiac, the dragon symbolizes character traits such as being innovative, self-assured and brave.
The festivities included a traditional Lion Dance, music and dance performances, arts and crafts and even a Chinese acupuncture instruction.
The Lion Dance is always a big attraction. The colorful dance with elaborate costumes, symbolizes ushering in good luck and fortune and casting out bad spirits.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 14