SALT LAKE CITY — The City Library celebrated the Chinese New Year at the Main Library Saturday afternoon.
This year celebrates the Year of the Dragon. In the Chinese zodiac, the dragon symbolizes character traits such as being innovative, self-assured and brave.
The festivities included a traditional Lion Dance, music and dance performances, arts and crafts and even a Chinese acupuncture instruction.
The Lion Dance is always a big attraction. The colorful dance with elaborate costumes, symbolizes ushering in good luck and fortune and casting out bad spirits.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21