SALT LAKE CITY — The City Library celebrated the Chinese New Year at the Main Library Saturday afternoon.
This year celebrates the Year of the Dragon. In the Chinese zodiac, the dragon symbolizes character traits such as being innovative, self-assured and brave.
The festivities included a traditional Lion Dance, music and dance performances, arts and crafts and even a Chinese acupuncture instruction.
The Lion Dance is always a big attraction. The colorful dance with elaborate costumes, symbolizes ushering in good luck and fortune and casting out bad spirits.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17