SALT LAKE CITY — The City Library celebrated the Chinese New Year at the Main Library Saturday afternoon.
This year celebrates the Year of the Dragon. In the Chinese zodiac, the dragon symbolizes character traits such as being innovative, self-assured and brave.
The festivities included a traditional Lion Dance, music and dance performances, arts and crafts and even a Chinese acupuncture instruction.
The Lion Dance is always a big attraction. The colorful dance with elaborate costumes, symbolizes ushering in good luck and fortune and casting out bad spirits.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15