SALT LAKE CITY — The City Library celebrated the Chinese New Year at the Main Library Saturday afternoon.
This year celebrates the Year of the Dragon. In the Chinese zodiac, the dragon symbolizes character traits such as being innovative, self-assured and brave.
The festivities included a traditional Lion Dance, music and dance performances, arts and crafts and even a Chinese acupuncture instruction.
The Lion Dance is always a big attraction. The colorful dance with elaborate costumes, symbolizes ushering in good luck and fortune and casting out bad spirits.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Store decor company to expand in Cedar City
- Utah State aviation student dead after plane...
- Twila Van Leer: My nomination of 3 Mormon...
- Sculptures created to warn about sugar...
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14