Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Utah Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, team general manager Kevin O'Connor said Friday morning.
The surgery is designed to remove a bone spur in the knee, according to O'Connor.
Korver has missed all but one of Utah's preseason games due to inflammation in the knee joint.
The decision was made only after Korver left town Thursday to seek a second medical opinion.
No timetable for his expected absence will be set until the surgery is performed, O'Connor said.
The Jazz finish their preseason schedule tonight with a game against the Kings in Sacramento.
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- High school football: Bountiful High coach...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 80
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29