Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Utah Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, team general manager Kevin O'Connor said Friday morning.
The surgery is designed to remove a bone spur in the knee, according to O'Connor.
Korver has missed all but one of Utah's preseason games due to inflammation in the knee joint.
The decision was made only after Korver left town Thursday to seek a second medical opinion.
No timetable for his expected absence will be set until the surgery is performed, O'Connor said.
The Jazz finish their preseason schedule tonight with a game against the Kings in Sacramento.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz face quick rematch with Portland
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 95
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 62
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 31
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27