Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Utah Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, team general manager Kevin O'Connor said Friday morning.
The surgery is designed to remove a bone spur in the knee, according to O'Connor.
Korver has missed all but one of Utah's preseason games due to inflammation in the knee joint.
The decision was made only after Korver left town Thursday to seek a second medical opinion.
No timetable for his expected absence will be set until the surgery is performed, O'Connor said.
The Jazz finish their preseason schedule tonight with a game against the Kings in Sacramento.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 108
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 67
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 31
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 15
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C.... 12