Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Utah Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, team general manager Kevin O'Connor said Friday morning.
The surgery is designed to remove a bone spur in the knee, according to O'Connor.
Korver has missed all but one of Utah's preseason games due to inflammation in the knee joint.
The decision was made only after Korver left town Thursday to seek a second medical opinion.
No timetable for his expected absence will be set until the surgery is performed, O'Connor said.
The Jazz finish their preseason schedule tonight with a game against the Kings in Sacramento.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 109
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 33
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20