Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Utah Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, team general manager Kevin O'Connor said Friday morning.
The surgery is designed to remove a bone spur in the knee, according to O'Connor.
Korver has missed all but one of Utah's preseason games due to inflammation in the knee joint.
The decision was made only after Korver left town Thursday to seek a second medical opinion.
No timetable for his expected absence will be set until the surgery is performed, O'Connor said.
The Jazz finish their preseason schedule tonight with a game against the Kings in Sacramento.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34