CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Cavaliers made their first roster cuts of the preseason Monday, waiving center Luke Nevill and forward Rob Kurz.
Nevill averaged 2.8 points, 1.8 rebounds in 8.8 minutes over four preseason games. The 7-foot-2 rookie from the University of Utah was brought in primarily so center Shaquille O'Neal would have a big body to bang into during training camp.
Kurz, who played in 40 games last season for Golden State, averaged 3.4 points and 2.0 rebounds in five exhibition games.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15