Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko has left the team to return to his native Russia and tend to a personal, undisclosed family matter there.
The absence is "excused," a team spokesman said.
Kirilenko will miss the Jazz's exhibition games Thursday night at home vs. Portland and on Saturday against the Clippers in Los Angeles.
He is expected to rejoin the team in time to play Sunday, when the Jazz will play — depending on the outcome of Saturday's games — either Charlotte or the Lakers in Los Angeles.
— Tim Buckley
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25