Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko has left the team to return to his native Russia and tend to a personal, undisclosed family matter there.
The absence is "excused," a team spokesman said.
Kirilenko will miss the Jazz's exhibition games Thursday night at home vs. Portland and on Saturday against the Clippers in Los Angeles.
He is expected to rejoin the team in time to play Sunday, when the Jazz will play — depending on the outcome of Saturday's games — either Charlotte or the Lakers in Los Angeles.
— Tim Buckley
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7