Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko has left the team to return to his native Russia and tend to a personal, undisclosed family matter there.
The absence is "excused," a team spokesman said.
Kirilenko will miss the Jazz's exhibition games Thursday night at home vs. Portland and on Saturday against the Clippers in Los Angeles.
He is expected to rejoin the team in time to play Sunday, when the Jazz will play — depending on the outcome of Saturday's games — either Charlotte or the Lakers in Los Angeles.
— Tim Buckley
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25