An Arizona man was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident near Beaver Thursday afternoon.
William Morgan, 69, Yuma, had been riding ATVs on a popular trail with three friends about 11 a.m. when he skidded off the road and rolled down an 8-10 foot embankment. The vehicle crushed him and he was found dead on the scene, Beaver County Sheriff Cameron Noel said.
Deputies and search and rescue team members recovered the man's body.
Noel said the South Creek area trail is heavily traveled and usually safe and that Morgan likely slid a bit too far to the right.
— Lana Groves
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15