An Arizona man was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident near Beaver Thursday afternoon.
William Morgan, 69, Yuma, had been riding ATVs on a popular trail with three friends about 11 a.m. when he skidded off the road and rolled down an 8-10 foot embankment. The vehicle crushed him and he was found dead on the scene, Beaver County Sheriff Cameron Noel said.
Deputies and search and rescue team members recovered the man's body.
Noel said the South Creek area trail is heavily traveled and usually safe and that Morgan likely slid a bit too far to the right.
— Lana Groves
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8