An Arizona man was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident near Beaver Thursday afternoon.
William Morgan, 69, Yuma, had been riding ATVs on a popular trail with three friends about 11 a.m. when he skidded off the road and rolled down an 8-10 foot embankment. The vehicle crushed him and he was found dead on the scene, Beaver County Sheriff Cameron Noel said.
Deputies and search and rescue team members recovered the man's body.
Noel said the South Creek area trail is heavily traveled and usually safe and that Morgan likely slid a bit too far to the right.
— Lana Groves
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12