The 179th Semiannual Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will convene in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City this weekend.
The Saturday general sessions will be held at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The general priesthood meeting will be held that day in the Conference Center at 6 p.m. Sunday sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. (the meeting includes the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word) and 2 p.m. Tickets are required for admission to all sessions in the Conference Center. To obtain tickets, church members may contact their local priesthood leaders.
Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages 8 or older for general sessions and 12 years and older for the priesthood session. No babies, please.
The Utah Transit Authority will offer expanded TRAX service for conference. However, there is no FrontRunner service on Sunday.
All four general sessions will be broadcast live on KSL-TV (Channel 5) and on cable/satellite channel BYU-TV. KBYU-TV (Channel 11) will repeat the morning sessions at noon and the afternoon sessions at 4 p.m. both days. KSL Newsradio (AM-1160/FM-102.7) and KBYU (FM-89.1/89.5) will air all four general sessions live.
KVNU (AM-610), Logan; KSUB (AM-590), Cedar City; KBOX (FM-92.7), Monticello will also air the four conference sessions live.
In addition, KSNV (AM-730/FM-66) will also air all four general sessions live in Spanish.
Go to www.bonneville.info and click on "General Conference" for a complete list of TV, radio or satellite reception options for all 50 states, Canada and Bermuda.
KSL-TV Channel 5 will broadcast eight different programs especially for general conference weekend. They are:
Saturday, Oct. 3: "This Corner of the Kingdom" (noon-1 p.m.); "World Report of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" (1-2 p.m.); "One Good Man" (4-4:30 p.m.); and "LDS Conversion Stories" (4:30-5 p.m.).
Sunday, Oct. 4: "Business Humanitarian" (noon-1 p.m.); "Miracle of the Hole in the Rock" (1-1:30 p.m.); "Footprints of Faith" (1:30-2 p.m.); and "Sacred Walls" (4-4:30 p.m.).
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10