The 179th Semiannual Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will convene in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City this weekend.
The Saturday general sessions will be held at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The general priesthood meeting will be held that day in the Conference Center at 6 p.m. Sunday sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. (the meeting includes the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word) and 2 p.m. Tickets are required for admission to all sessions in the Conference Center. To obtain tickets, church members may contact their local priesthood leaders.
Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages 8 or older for general sessions and 12 years and older for the priesthood session. No babies, please.
The Utah Transit Authority will offer expanded TRAX service for conference. However, there is no FrontRunner service on Sunday.
All four general sessions will be broadcast live on KSL-TV (Channel 5) and on cable/satellite channel BYU-TV. KBYU-TV (Channel 11) will repeat the morning sessions at noon and the afternoon sessions at 4 p.m. both days. KSL Newsradio (AM-1160/FM-102.7) and KBYU (FM-89.1/89.5) will air all four general sessions live.
KVNU (AM-610), Logan; KSUB (AM-590), Cedar City; KBOX (FM-92.7), Monticello will also air the four conference sessions live.
In addition, KSNV (AM-730/FM-66) will also air all four general sessions live in Spanish.
Go to www.bonneville.info and click on "General Conference" for a complete list of TV, radio or satellite reception options for all 50 states, Canada and Bermuda.
KSL-TV Channel 5 will broadcast eight different programs especially for general conference weekend. They are:
Saturday, Oct. 3: "This Corner of the Kingdom" (noon-1 p.m.); "World Report of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" (1-2 p.m.); "One Good Man" (4-4:30 p.m.); and "LDS Conversion Stories" (4:30-5 p.m.).
Sunday, Oct. 4: "Business Humanitarian" (noon-1 p.m.); "Miracle of the Hole in the Rock" (1-1:30 p.m.); "Footprints of Faith" (1:30-2 p.m.); and "Sacred Walls" (4-4:30 p.m.).
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Attorney for mom charged with killing 6...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 72
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14