up Utah — Oregon's success helps Utes
hold Utah State — Tough test in Provo
up Weber State — Host Montana State
up Southern Utah — Offense is clicking
Game of the week: Utah State at BYU
It's just about the only big game going on this week involving local teams. But it should be an entertaining one at that as both teams will put up points on the scoreboard.
Talk of the subdivision
OKLAHOMA CITY — When Texas A&M faces Arkansas at the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium this week, it will renew an old Southwest Conference rivalry that had gone dormant for nearly two decades.
Iowa State and Kansas State? They are simply meeting in the middle to play their Big 12 opener at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo.
As nearly half of the Big 12 takes the week off, much of the focus will be on the two games being played at neutral sites and what kind of splash they make.
The conference has its marquee neutral-site game each October when Oklahoma and Texas play in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. Missouri has had an annual series with Illinois in St. Louis in recent years, and agreed with rival Kansas to move the Border Showdown to Arrowhead.
Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have also discussed moving their game to a neutral site.
"I know that our game with Oklahoma is a great game and it's something that a lot of the fans look forward to," Texas coach Mack Brown said Monday when asked about Texas A&M and Arkansas moving in on Red River Rivalry territory. "The really good thing: It's kind of like a bowl game at midseason. I would think that this one would be the same way."
The Aggies and Razorbacks have agreed to play the Southwest Classic the next 10 seasons in Dallas. They'll be meeting for the first time overall since 1991, when Arkansas moved to the Southeastern Conference.
— Associated Press
Player to watch
Robert Turbin, Utah State, running back
Has rushed for 100 yards in each of USU's first three games.
In the last two games, Turbin has become a threat as a receiver, catching nine passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns. The Cougars have been inconsistent against the run, giving up 118, 37, 313 and 66 yards in their four games.
"Thank you every1 4 all the love and support."
USC tailback Stafon Johnson
in his first tweet since injuring his throat in a weightlifting accident.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26