Ed Reinke, Associated Press
PLAYER TO WATCH:
TRENT GUY, Louisville: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts.
VIC ANDERSON VS. MATT ASIATA:
For Louisville ... The Cardinals hope to bounce back from a disappointing 31-27 loss at rival Kentucky. They are also looking for momentum before opening conference play.
For Utah ... The Utes are looking to start a new winning streak. Last week's loss at Oregon snapped a 16 game run of success ?— the longest active streak in the nation.
For Louisville ... The Cardinals are 0-3 against the Utes, losing in 1997, 1998 and 2007. They've lost their last four road games overall dating back to last October.
For Utah ... The Utes are 6-0 all-time against current members of the Big East Conference. A loss to Louisville would give them their first two-game skid since 2007.
Louisville will win if ... the Cardinals are able to move the ball effectively against Utah's defense. They average nearly 400 yards per game.
Utah will win if ... the Utes are able to apply some pressure on Louisville quarterback Justin Burke. Utah is averaging just 1.33 sacks per game.
PLAYER TO WATCH
Vic Anderson, Louisville: Like Utah's Matt Asiata, the Cardinals' top running back is averaging 101 yards rushing per game so far this season.
Trent Guy vs. Utah's special teams: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts. Utah's special teams gave up a punt return touchdown vs. Oregon.
Louisville: Safety Terrence Simien is "day-to-day" with a lower back injury
UTAH: Running back Matt Asiata is expected to play with a sore shoulder. ... Reserve Sausan Shakerin, however, is not.
Pittsburgh visits Louisville on Oct. 2. Utah has a bye next week. The Utes open MWC play Oct. 10 at Colorado State.
Sept. 3 Utah St. W, 35-17
Sept. 12 at San Jose St. W, 24-14
Sept. 19 at Oregon L, 31-24
Sept. 26 Louisville 5:30 p.m. (CBSC)
Oct. 10 at Colorado St. 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 17 at UNLV 8 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 24 Air Force 2 p.m. (VS)
Oct. 31 Wyoming 6 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 7 New Mexico 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 14 at TCU 7:30 p.m. (CBS C)
Nov. 21 San Diego St. 2 p.m. (VS)
Nov. 28 at BYU 3 p.m. (CBS C, mtn.)
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Utah Utes report card: Harbaugh, Michigan...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30