Ed Reinke, Associated Press
PLAYER TO WATCH:
TRENT GUY, Louisville: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts.
VIC ANDERSON VS. MATT ASIATA:
For Louisville ... The Cardinals hope to bounce back from a disappointing 31-27 loss at rival Kentucky. They are also looking for momentum before opening conference play.
For Utah ... The Utes are looking to start a new winning streak. Last week's loss at Oregon snapped a 16 game run of success ?— the longest active streak in the nation.
For Louisville ... The Cardinals are 0-3 against the Utes, losing in 1997, 1998 and 2007. They've lost their last four road games overall dating back to last October.
For Utah ... The Utes are 6-0 all-time against current members of the Big East Conference. A loss to Louisville would give them their first two-game skid since 2007.
Louisville will win if ... the Cardinals are able to move the ball effectively against Utah's defense. They average nearly 400 yards per game.
Utah will win if ... the Utes are able to apply some pressure on Louisville quarterback Justin Burke. Utah is averaging just 1.33 sacks per game.
PLAYER TO WATCH
Vic Anderson, Louisville: Like Utah's Matt Asiata, the Cardinals' top running back is averaging 101 yards rushing per game so far this season.
Trent Guy vs. Utah's special teams: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts. Utah's special teams gave up a punt return touchdown vs. Oregon.
Louisville: Safety Terrence Simien is "day-to-day" with a lower back injury
UTAH: Running back Matt Asiata is expected to play with a sore shoulder. ... Reserve Sausan Shakerin, however, is not.
Pittsburgh visits Louisville on Oct. 2. Utah has a bye next week. The Utes open MWC play Oct. 10 at Colorado State.
Sept. 3 Utah St. W, 35-17
Sept. 12 at San Jose St. W, 24-14
Sept. 19 at Oregon L, 31-24
Sept. 26 Louisville 5:30 p.m. (CBSC)
Oct. 10 at Colorado St. 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 17 at UNLV 8 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 24 Air Force 2 p.m. (VS)
Oct. 31 Wyoming 6 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 7 New Mexico 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 14 at TCU 7:30 p.m. (CBS C)
Nov. 21 San Diego St. 2 p.m. (VS)
Nov. 28 at BYU 3 p.m. (CBS C, mtn.)
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41