Ed Reinke, Associated Press
PLAYER TO WATCH:
TRENT GUY, Louisville: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts.
VIC ANDERSON VS. MATT ASIATA:
For Louisville ... The Cardinals hope to bounce back from a disappointing 31-27 loss at rival Kentucky. They are also looking for momentum before opening conference play.
For Utah ... The Utes are looking to start a new winning streak. Last week's loss at Oregon snapped a 16 game run of success ?— the longest active streak in the nation.
For Louisville ... The Cardinals are 0-3 against the Utes, losing in 1997, 1998 and 2007. They've lost their last four road games overall dating back to last October.
For Utah ... The Utes are 6-0 all-time against current members of the Big East Conference. A loss to Louisville would give them their first two-game skid since 2007.
Louisville will win if ... the Cardinals are able to move the ball effectively against Utah's defense. They average nearly 400 yards per game.
Utah will win if ... the Utes are able to apply some pressure on Louisville quarterback Justin Burke. Utah is averaging just 1.33 sacks per game.
PLAYER TO WATCH
Vic Anderson, Louisville: Like Utah's Matt Asiata, the Cardinals' top running back is averaging 101 yards rushing per game so far this season.
Trent Guy vs. Utah's special teams: The senior is one of the nation's all-purpose leaders with 195 yards per game. Guy is a dangerous return specialist. He averages 33.75 yards on kickoffs and 11.67 yards on punts. Utah's special teams gave up a punt return touchdown vs. Oregon.
Louisville: Safety Terrence Simien is "day-to-day" with a lower back injury
UTAH: Running back Matt Asiata is expected to play with a sore shoulder. ... Reserve Sausan Shakerin, however, is not.
Pittsburgh visits Louisville on Oct. 2. Utah has a bye next week. The Utes open MWC play Oct. 10 at Colorado State.
Sept. 3 Utah St. W, 35-17
Sept. 12 at San Jose St. W, 24-14
Sept. 19 at Oregon L, 31-24
Sept. 26 Louisville 5:30 p.m. (CBSC)
Oct. 10 at Colorado St. 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 17 at UNLV 8 p.m. (mtn.)
Oct. 24 Air Force 2 p.m. (VS)
Oct. 31 Wyoming 6 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 7 New Mexico 4 p.m. (mtn.)
Nov. 14 at TCU 7:30 p.m. (CBS C)
Nov. 21 San Diego St. 2 p.m. (VS)
Nov. 28 at BYU 3 p.m. (CBS C, mtn.)
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27