An argument over a pet python led to charges against a South Salt Lake man after he allegedly abused his pregnant wife, who ended up giving birth, according to charges filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
The woman, who was 38 weeks along, told police her husband tossed the snake across the room and they began to fight over it. She started having stomach pains when he threw her to the ground as her 17-month-old daughter watched, the charges say.
The wife was transported to a hospital and delivered her baby.
Tim Goyen, 21, was charged with assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child. A warrant for his arrest was issued with bail set at $25,000.
Goyen pleaded guilty in June to misdemeanor simple assault in connection with a domestic violence incident in West Valley City, court records show.
— Paul Koepp
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29