The Amur tiger, formerly known as the Siberian tiger, is listed as a critically endangered species.
Amur tigers are the largest of all the cat species, with the males weighing between 400 and 650 pounds and measuring up to 11 feet long.
In the wild, Amur tigers are found in the snow-covered forests of eastern Russia and northeastern China.
Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For information go to www.hoglezoo.org or call 801-582-1631.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 8