The Amur tiger, formerly known as the Siberian tiger, is listed as a critically endangered species.
Amur tigers are the largest of all the cat species, with the males weighing between 400 and 650 pounds and measuring up to 11 feet long.
In the wild, Amur tigers are found in the snow-covered forests of eastern Russia and northeastern China.
Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For information go to www.hoglezoo.org or call 801-582-1631.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22