The Amur tiger, formerly known as the Siberian tiger, is listed as a critically endangered species.
Amur tigers are the largest of all the cat species, with the males weighing between 400 and 650 pounds and measuring up to 11 feet long.
In the wild, Amur tigers are found in the snow-covered forests of eastern Russia and northeastern China.
Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For information go to www.hoglezoo.org or call 801-582-1631.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18