The Amur tiger, formerly known as the Siberian tiger, is listed as a critically endangered species.
Amur tigers are the largest of all the cat species, with the males weighing between 400 and 650 pounds and measuring up to 11 feet long.
In the wild, Amur tigers are found in the snow-covered forests of eastern Russia and northeastern China.
Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For information go to www.hoglezoo.org or call 801-582-1631.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17