The Amur tiger, formerly known as the Siberian tiger, is listed as a critically endangered species.
Amur tigers are the largest of all the cat species, with the males weighing between 400 and 650 pounds and measuring up to 11 feet long.
In the wild, Amur tigers are found in the snow-covered forests of eastern Russia and northeastern China.
Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For information go to www.hoglezoo.org or call 801-582-1631.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15