Injured defensive end Koa Misi, who was carted off the practice field Wednesday with a back injury, is on the mend.
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told reporters that, as of now, Misi is questionable for the Utah State game on Sept. 3 and probable for the San Jose State game on Sept. 12.
"That's probably as accurate as I can be at this point," Whittingham said. "... I'm just going with that I'm told by the medical staff. So we'll see what happens."
Misi, the projected starter at right end, is considered one of the top defenders in the Mountain West Conference.
"We're just hoping for the best," Whittingham said.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22