Injured defensive end Koa Misi, who was carted off the practice field Wednesday with a back injury, is on the mend.
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told reporters that, as of now, Misi is questionable for the Utah State game on Sept. 3 and probable for the San Jose State game on Sept. 12.
"That's probably as accurate as I can be at this point," Whittingham said. "... I'm just going with that I'm told by the medical staff. So we'll see what happens."
Misi, the projected starter at right end, is considered one of the top defenders in the Mountain West Conference.
"We're just hoping for the best," Whittingham said.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33