Injured defensive end Koa Misi, who was carted off the practice field Wednesday with a back injury, is on the mend.
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told reporters that, as of now, Misi is questionable for the Utah State game on Sept. 3 and probable for the San Jose State game on Sept. 12.
"That's probably as accurate as I can be at this point," Whittingham said. "... I'm just going with that I'm told by the medical staff. So we'll see what happens."
Misi, the projected starter at right end, is considered one of the top defenders in the Mountain West Conference.
"We're just hoping for the best," Whittingham said.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25