Day 2: The Cougar newcomers practiced Saturday afternoon for 30 minutes before the veterans joined them for a two-hour session. Players aren't scheduled to put on pads until Thursday. Quarterback Max Hall looked sharp, throwing a couple of touchdown passes to McKay Jacobson and one to Dennis Pitta during 11-on-11 drills.
Injuries: Linebacker Terrance Hooks suffered a hamstring injury. It wasn't immediately known how long he'll be sidelined.
Next: Newcomer sessions are finished and the Cougars will return to practice this morning. The first day of two-a-days is Friday.
Web extra: Check out BYU beat writer Jeff Call's blog at deseretnews.com/blogs for more insight from Cougar camp.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21