BEAVER COUNTY — A 10-year-old girl was killed in a car accident Wednesday morning.
Jasmin Gonzalez was among 10 other people riding in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe traveling north on I-15 just north of Beaver when the driver over-corrected and the vehicle rolled, ejecting five of the passengers. Jasmin, who was traveling from Aurora, Colo., with the other occupants, died at the scene. Utah Highway Patrol troopers believe the driver fell asleep and the vehicle drifted off the roadway into the center median.
The driver and front-seat passenger were the only ones wearing seat belts; all other occupants were in the back of the vehicle with the seats folded down.
One 5-year-old girl was air lifted to Primary Children's Medical Center in serious condition. All other occupants received minor injuries and were transported to Beaver Valley Hospital.
The right lane was closed for about an hour.
— Lana Groves
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15