BEAVER COUNTY — A 10-year-old girl was killed in a car accident Wednesday morning.
Jasmin Gonzalez was among 10 other people riding in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe traveling north on I-15 just north of Beaver when the driver over-corrected and the vehicle rolled, ejecting five of the passengers. Jasmin, who was traveling from Aurora, Colo., with the other occupants, died at the scene. Utah Highway Patrol troopers believe the driver fell asleep and the vehicle drifted off the roadway into the center median.
The driver and front-seat passenger were the only ones wearing seat belts; all other occupants were in the back of the vehicle with the seats folded down.
One 5-year-old girl was air lifted to Primary Children's Medical Center in serious condition. All other occupants received minor injuries and were transported to Beaver Valley Hospital.
The right lane was closed for about an hour.
— Lana Groves
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9