BOUNTIFUL — A gas leak led to the evacuation of Colonial Square shopping center and all businesses in that vicinity Wednesday.
The evacuation was prompted by a "small gas leak in the ground" behind Wade Medical Plaza in Colonial Square on the corner of 500 West and 2600 South in Bountiful, said South Davis Metro Fire Battalion Chief Steve Moss. Nearly 15 buildings were evacuated.
Moss said that one of the companies affected was a brand new business hoping to have an open house.
"They evacuated all the businesses there and they all left, probably for the day," Moss said. "There was nobody injured, nobody got sick from it, it was just a big pain in everybody's neck to leave."
Moss said investigators found the small leak and repaired the problem underground by about 4 p.m. Tenants of the businesses were notified shortly thereafter that they could return to the area.
— Emiley Morgan
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9