Salt Lake City is one of the 40 best cities for singles, according to a new Forbes.com list.
The online magazine ranked Utah's capital No. 39 on its list of best cities for singles, just ahead of Jacksonville, Fla., and just behind Cincinnati, Ohio.
"While it's certainly not a bastion of nightlife, Salt Lake City does offer a little bit of everything else, including skiing, museums, and performing arts groups like the Utah Symphony Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," Forbes wrote.
New York City, Boston and Seattle topped the list.
The magazine judged cities on the cost of living alone, culture, job growth, online dating participation, nightlife, the ratio of singles to the entire population of the metro and "coolness."
— Aaron Falk
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12