Salt Lake City is one of the 40 best cities for singles, according to a new Forbes.com list.
The online magazine ranked Utah's capital No. 39 on its list of best cities for singles, just ahead of Jacksonville, Fla., and just behind Cincinnati, Ohio.
"While it's certainly not a bastion of nightlife, Salt Lake City does offer a little bit of everything else, including skiing, museums, and performing arts groups like the Utah Symphony Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," Forbes wrote.
New York City, Boston and Seattle topped the list.
The magazine judged cities on the cost of living alone, culture, job growth, online dating participation, nightlife, the ratio of singles to the entire population of the metro and "coolness."
— Aaron Falk
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13