Salt Lake City is one of the 40 best cities for singles, according to a new Forbes.com list.
The online magazine ranked Utah's capital No. 39 on its list of best cities for singles, just ahead of Jacksonville, Fla., and just behind Cincinnati, Ohio.
"While it's certainly not a bastion of nightlife, Salt Lake City does offer a little bit of everything else, including skiing, museums, and performing arts groups like the Utah Symphony Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," Forbes wrote.
New York City, Boston and Seattle topped the list.
The magazine judged cities on the cost of living alone, culture, job growth, online dating participation, nightlife, the ratio of singles to the entire population of the metro and "coolness."
— Aaron Falk
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12