Salt Lake City is one of the 40 best cities for singles, according to a new Forbes.com list.
The online magazine ranked Utah's capital No. 39 on its list of best cities for singles, just ahead of Jacksonville, Fla., and just behind Cincinnati, Ohio.
"While it's certainly not a bastion of nightlife, Salt Lake City does offer a little bit of everything else, including skiing, museums, and performing arts groups like the Utah Symphony Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir," Forbes wrote.
New York City, Boston and Seattle topped the list.
The magazine judged cities on the cost of living alone, culture, job growth, online dating participation, nightlife, the ratio of singles to the entire population of the metro and "coolness."
— Aaron Falk
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 29
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15