Several small cities in Utah are great places to live, according to a recent article appearing on CNNMoney.com.
In the online magazine's annual list, four Utah cities earned a spot among the 100 best small cities in the United States.
Called a "one stop-light town squeezed between the Wasatch Mountains and the Great Salt Lake," Farmington earned the highest marks of any of the four Utah cities, ranking No. 14.
Coming in at No. 22 was Draper, which was noted for having an "abundance of amenities," including a new library and 29 parks, as well as hiking trails and "world-class" hang gliding at Point of the Mountain.
At No. 71 was Bountiful, which the article called a booming, self-sufficient bedroom community north of Salt Lake with plenty of "restaurants, shopping centers and other commercial amenities."
Finally, "heavily Mormon" Lindon, which rounded out Utah's representatives at No. 74, was highlighted as a city offering "fantastic views of the Utah Valley and the lake."
The rankings come from CNN's database of more than 1,800 U.S. cities. The rankings include cities and towns with populations between 8,500 and 50,000 that have satisfactory education and crime scores, have incomes less than 200 percent of the state median and are no more than 95 percent Caucasian.
— James Davis
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17