Several small cities in Utah are great places to live, according to a recent article appearing on CNNMoney.com.
In the online magazine's annual list, four Utah cities earned a spot among the 100 best small cities in the United States.
Called a "one stop-light town squeezed between the Wasatch Mountains and the Great Salt Lake," Farmington earned the highest marks of any of the four Utah cities, ranking No. 14.
Coming in at No. 22 was Draper, which was noted for having an "abundance of amenities," including a new library and 29 parks, as well as hiking trails and "world-class" hang gliding at Point of the Mountain.
At No. 71 was Bountiful, which the article called a booming, self-sufficient bedroom community north of Salt Lake with plenty of "restaurants, shopping centers and other commercial amenities."
Finally, "heavily Mormon" Lindon, which rounded out Utah's representatives at No. 74, was highlighted as a city offering "fantastic views of the Utah Valley and the lake."
The rankings come from CNN's database of more than 1,800 U.S. cities. The rankings include cities and towns with populations between 8,500 and 50,000 that have satisfactory education and crime scores, have incomes less than 200 percent of the state median and are no more than 95 percent Caucasian.
— James Davis
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 12
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 11
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes... 11
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from... 10
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 10