Several small cities in Utah are great places to live, according to a recent article appearing on CNNMoney.com.
In the online magazine's annual list, four Utah cities earned a spot among the 100 best small cities in the United States.
Called a "one stop-light town squeezed between the Wasatch Mountains and the Great Salt Lake," Farmington earned the highest marks of any of the four Utah cities, ranking No. 14.
Coming in at No. 22 was Draper, which was noted for having an "abundance of amenities," including a new library and 29 parks, as well as hiking trails and "world-class" hang gliding at Point of the Mountain.
At No. 71 was Bountiful, which the article called a booming, self-sufficient bedroom community north of Salt Lake with plenty of "restaurants, shopping centers and other commercial amenities."
Finally, "heavily Mormon" Lindon, which rounded out Utah's representatives at No. 74, was highlighted as a city offering "fantastic views of the Utah Valley and the lake."
The rankings come from CNN's database of more than 1,800 U.S. cities. The rankings include cities and towns with populations between 8,500 and 50,000 that have satisfactory education and crime scores, have incomes less than 200 percent of the state median and are no more than 95 percent Caucasian.
— James Davis
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9