BEAVER — A missing 84-year-old man was found alive and well Wednesday.
A Meals on Wheels volunteer reported Leonard Boynton missing Tuesday when she arrived at his empty Milford home to find a meal dropped off on Saturday hadn't been touched, said Beaver County Sheriff's Office dispatch supervisor Paul Wolden.
On Wednesday morning, a Civil Air Patrol unit out of St. George spotted Boynton in an area a few miles south of Frisco Peak. Sheriff's deputies went out on foot and retrieved him. The elderly man had been in the area looking for rocks, a hobby of his, Wolden said.
"He's a rock hunter. He just loves the outdoors," he said.
Boynton was checked out at a hospital and seems to be doing well, Wolden said.
— Michael R. McFall
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 35
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 10