BEAVER — A missing 84-year-old man was found alive and well Wednesday.
A Meals on Wheels volunteer reported Leonard Boynton missing Tuesday when she arrived at his empty Milford home to find a meal dropped off on Saturday hadn't been touched, said Beaver County Sheriff's Office dispatch supervisor Paul Wolden.
On Wednesday morning, a Civil Air Patrol unit out of St. George spotted Boynton in an area a few miles south of Frisco Peak. Sheriff's deputies went out on foot and retrieved him. The elderly man had been in the area looking for rocks, a hobby of his, Wolden said.
"He's a rock hunter. He just loves the outdoors," he said.
Boynton was checked out at a hospital and seems to be doing well, Wolden said.
— Michael R. McFall
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8