BEAVER — A missing 84-year-old man was found alive and well Wednesday.
A Meals on Wheels volunteer reported Leonard Boynton missing Tuesday when she arrived at his empty Milford home to find a meal dropped off on Saturday hadn't been touched, said Beaver County Sheriff's Office dispatch supervisor Paul Wolden.
On Wednesday morning, a Civil Air Patrol unit out of St. George spotted Boynton in an area a few miles south of Frisco Peak. Sheriff's deputies went out on foot and retrieved him. The elderly man had been in the area looking for rocks, a hobby of his, Wolden said.
"He's a rock hunter. He just loves the outdoors," he said.
Boynton was checked out at a hospital and seems to be doing well, Wolden said.
— Michael R. McFall
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18