BEAVER — A missing 84-year-old man was found alive and well Wednesday.
A Meals on Wheels volunteer reported Leonard Boynton missing Tuesday when she arrived at his empty Milford home to find a meal dropped off on Saturday hadn't been touched, said Beaver County Sheriff's Office dispatch supervisor Paul Wolden.
On Wednesday morning, a Civil Air Patrol unit out of St. George spotted Boynton in an area a few miles south of Frisco Peak. Sheriff's deputies went out on foot and retrieved him. The elderly man had been in the area looking for rocks, a hobby of his, Wolden said.
"He's a rock hunter. He just loves the outdoors," he said.
Boynton was checked out at a hospital and seems to be doing well, Wolden said.
— Michael R. McFall
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17