BEAVER — A missing 84-year-old man was found alive and well Wednesday.
A Meals on Wheels volunteer reported Leonard Boynton missing Tuesday when she arrived at his empty Milford home to find a meal dropped off on Saturday hadn't been touched, said Beaver County Sheriff's Office dispatch supervisor Paul Wolden.
On Wednesday morning, a Civil Air Patrol unit out of St. George spotted Boynton in an area a few miles south of Frisco Peak. Sheriff's deputies went out on foot and retrieved him. The elderly man had been in the area looking for rocks, a hobby of his, Wolden said.
"He's a rock hunter. He just loves the outdoors," he said.
Boynton was checked out at a hospital and seems to be doing well, Wolden said.
— Michael R. McFall
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18