A look at just some of the names — 50, actually — to follow in the NBA's soon-to-open summer free-agency shopping market:
CREAM OF THE CROP
(But not going anywhere, even if he does opt out)
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
BEST OF THE REST
Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando
Ben Gordon, Chicago
Carlos Boozer, Utah
David Lee, New York (restricted)
Lamar Odom, L.A. Lakers
Trevor Ariza, L.A. Lakers
Jason Kidd, Dallas
Ron Artest, Houston
Andre Miller, Philadelphia
Rasheed Wallace, Detroit
A LOWER TIER
Chris Andersen, Denver
Josh Childress, Atlanta/Greece
Brandon Bass, Orlando
Matt Barnes, Phoenix
Anthony Parker, Toronto
ONCE REALLY GOOD HAS-BEENS?
Mike Bibby, Atlanta
Bruce Bowen, Milwaukee (assuming buyout)
Shawn Marion, Toronto
Allen Iverson, Detroit
Antonio McDyess, Detroit
Grant Hill, Phoenix
Bobby Jackson, Sacramento
INTERESTING BUT RESTRICTED
Charlie Villanueva, Milwaukee
Marvin Williams, Atlanta
Channing Frye, Portland
Linas Kleiza, Denver
Raymond Felton, Charlotte
Jarrett Jack, Indiana
Nate Robinson, New York
Rashad McCants, Sacramento
(If they don't keep all of their own)
Zaza Pachulia, Atlanta
Marcin Gortat, Orlando (restricted)
Glen "Big Baby" Davis, Boston (restricted)
Fabricio Oberto, Detroit (assuming buyout)
BACK TO UTAH?
Mehmet Okur (early termination option)
Paul Millsap (restricted)
Kyle Korver (early termination option)
Rob Kurz, Golden State
Mikki Moore, Boston
Jason Hart, Denver
Donyell Marshall, Philadelphia
Louis Amundson, Phoenix (restricted)
Michael Ruffin, Portland
Jacque Vaughn, San Antonio
Sasha Pavlovic, Phoenix (assuming buyout)
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 65
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37