The decisions by Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur and Kyle Korver to play out the final year of their contracts in Utah all but guarantees the Jazz will exceed the luxury-tax threshold for next season. Still needing to add at least two players to their roster — perhaps Paul Millsap and another point guard — here's how much the Jazz will pay to the 11 players who, barring trades, are set to be on their team in 2009-10:
Team salary so far:$73,907,990
Projected salary cap:$57,300,000-$58,600,000
Projected luxury-tax threshold:$70,000,000-$72,000,000
NOTES: Teams must pay a per-dollar tax for every dollar over the luxury-tax threshold ... Teams must carry at least 13 players under contract at all times ... Maynor must sign his rookie deal before participating with the Jazz's summer-league team.
*Based on projected NBA salary cap
- Lindon father of five sets world record in...
- BYU looking for another defensive turnaround...
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in the...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout Sione...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment of...
- Kincade: Poor shooting, signings have put...
- Deseret News 2015 high school football...
- Former BYU guard Jimmer Fredette signs... 68
- Links: Utes basketball considered a... 58
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 51
- Analysis: Can Jimmer Fredette resurrect... 45
- Former Ute quarterback Alex Smith's... 36
- BYU looking for another defensive... 34
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 29
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 23