Former BYU guard/forward Lee Cummard has accepted an invitation to play for the Phoenix Suns Summer League team while former Utah center Luke Nevill has been invited to play for the New Orleans Hornets' team. Both teams will play in Las Vegas.
"I'm excited about Luke Nevill getting a chance with New Orleans," said Utah coach Jim Boylen. "New Orleans is a quality organization that is good at developing players. I'm thankful Luke will get an opportunity to prove himself there."
"I'm really excited to be playing," Cummard said. "It's a great opportunity to prove what I can do against great competition. The Suns are a great organization, and I look forward to getting started."
The Suns' team will include current members of the Suns and will potentially include 2009 draft picks Earl Clark (1st round, 14th overall) and Taylor Griffin (2nd round, 48th overall).
The 2009 NBA Summer League will take place from July 10-19. For rosters, schedules, results and ticket information, visit www.nba.com/summerleague2009.
—Jim Rayburn and Mike Sorensen
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34