LEHI — Investigators have booked an Orem man into jail for investigation of 190 counts of sodomy on a child and 290 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.
Police say the man, 31, sexually abused a boy once or twice a day for two years from the time the boy was 10 years old until he was 12.
The abuse occurred in Lehi between March2005 and March 2007, according to a Lehi police statement. Police say the man also threatened to harm the boy if he told anyone about the abuse, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
Clifford Quinlan, 31, was booked into the Utah County Jail on Thursday. He was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after returning from a trip to Florida, police said.
Quinlan had faced similar allegations in Florida, but the case was closed for lack of evidence and lack of victim cooperation, the Utah affidavit states. However, Lehi police said they have provided new information to Florida officers, who will be re-opening the case.
— Ethan Thomas and Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17