LEHI — Investigators have booked an Orem man into jail for investigation of 190 counts of sodomy on a child and 290 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.
Police say the man, 31, sexually abused a boy once or twice a day for two years from the time the boy was 10 years old until he was 12.
The abuse occurred in Lehi between March2005 and March 2007, according to a Lehi police statement. Police say the man also threatened to harm the boy if he told anyone about the abuse, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
Clifford Quinlan, 31, was booked into the Utah County Jail on Thursday. He was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after returning from a trip to Florida, police said.
Quinlan had faced similar allegations in Florida, but the case was closed for lack of evidence and lack of victim cooperation, the Utah affidavit states. However, Lehi police said they have provided new information to Florida officers, who will be re-opening the case.
— Ethan Thomas and Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13