LEHI — Investigators have booked an Orem man into jail for investigation of 190 counts of sodomy on a child and 290 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.
Police say the man, 31, sexually abused a boy once or twice a day for two years from the time the boy was 10 years old until he was 12.
The abuse occurred in Lehi between March2005 and March 2007, according to a Lehi police statement. Police say the man also threatened to harm the boy if he told anyone about the abuse, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
Clifford Quinlan, 31, was booked into the Utah County Jail on Thursday. He was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after returning from a trip to Florida, police said.
Quinlan had faced similar allegations in Florida, but the case was closed for lack of evidence and lack of victim cooperation, the Utah affidavit states. However, Lehi police said they have provided new information to Florida officers, who will be re-opening the case.
— Ethan Thomas and Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16