LEHI — Investigators have booked an Orem man into jail for investigation of 190 counts of sodomy on a child and 290 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.
Police say the man, 31, sexually abused a boy once or twice a day for two years from the time the boy was 10 years old until he was 12.
The abuse occurred in Lehi between March2005 and March 2007, according to a Lehi police statement. Police say the man also threatened to harm the boy if he told anyone about the abuse, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
Clifford Quinlan, 31, was booked into the Utah County Jail on Thursday. He was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after returning from a trip to Florida, police said.
Quinlan had faced similar allegations in Florida, but the case was closed for lack of evidence and lack of victim cooperation, the Utah affidavit states. However, Lehi police said they have provided new information to Florida officers, who will be re-opening the case.
— Ethan Thomas and Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 23
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 19