Unless Boozer plans to sign for nothing more than mid-level salary-exception money – a multi-year deal starting with an annual salary in the mid-to-high $5 million range – he'd have to get Utah to agree to a sign-and-trade in order to land with the Nets.
And agreeing to mid-level money seems decidedly unlikely, as Boozer already has said publicly – first during his December interview with ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan – that he fully expects a pay raise starting next season.
Detroit, on the other hand, has enough team payroll salary cap space to sign Boozer without having to go the sign-and-trade route.
Still, Harris is hopeful.
"I've kind of played with Boozer a couple of times over the summer, so I know what he's capable of doing," the Nets point told WFAN.
"Obviously, going, playing, against him, he's a talented player – but I think he fits right to what we do."
On a related note, the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger reported over the weekend that Boozer now lives at least part-time in New Jersey.
One Web site, Nets.com, also reported Boozer was seen in New Jersey with his agent back in early May.
According to the Star-Ledger: "He's obviously comfortable in Jersey – he has a home here, if only to be close to the health care specialists that his son requires."
Boozer's young son, Carmani, has endured a well-chronicled battle with sickle cell anemia that included bone marrow transplant surgery.
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 104
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14