It's kind of an understatement to say Utah bills itself as an outdoor paradise with adventure waiting around every turn on the trail.
This weekend, at the Utah State Fairpark, outdoor enthusiasts who might not know precisely where to start their next trip to the backcountry can gather and get information on any number of activities, locations and destinations that can fill that adventurous spirit.
"Our goal is to introduce friends and families to the vast recreational opportunities that can be discovered in Utah's great outdoors," Backcountry Radio Network's Brian Brinkerhoff said. "This expo is designed to introduce folks to new destinations, new outdoor sports and a healthy year-round outdoor lifestyle."
The Utah Outdoor Adventure Expo features two days filled with dozens of vendors, sponsors and exhibits that will give visitors hands-on experience getting to know what might be on the calendar for the next family getaway.
Activities ranging from camping to geocaching, bird watching and fishing will be on display, as will more-demanding pursuits such as kayaking, hiking and rock climbing.
"We offer a variety of hands-on activities and demonstrations that are included in the price of admission," Brinkerhoff said.
The expo will also feature a wild West barbecue cookout competition, a "dock dogs" fetching competition for water-loving dogs and their owners, and a fun run along the Jordan River Parkway.
Coinciding with National Trails Day on June 6, the expo will help people hoping to get out and explore Utah's forests, mountains and valleys.
If you go...
Utah Outdoor Adventure Expo
Utah State Fairpark
Friday, noon - 9 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Admission: $10, 12-under free
- Holiday air travelers get a break from long...
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Trump rallies veterans at annual Rolling...
- Shark alert! Warnings high- and low-tech seek...
- Heavy rain drenches swaths of France,...
- Woman pulls casket for miles for mental...
- Up close and personal with wild mustangs in...
- 5 tips for navigating a farmers market with a...
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- Trump rallies veterans at annual... 6
- Holiday air travelers get a break from... 0
- Shark alert! Warnings high- and... 0
- Heavy rain drenches swaths of France,... 0
- Woman pulls casket for miles for mental... 0
- Up close and personal with wild... 0
- 5 tips for navigating a farmers market... 0