The first group of students to have Nauvoo University on their transcripts will attend the Illinois school this fall.
University officials expect about 50 students in the inaugural
class. Officials expect the school to eventually expand to include
Nauvoo University is not owned or operated by The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it does require students to maintain
high moral and ethical standards and have an ecclesiastical endorsement.
The univeristy will use exisiting facilities to house the students
and staff, and officials plan to start a building program as soon as
possible. A fundraising campaign has already started.
The University of the City of Nauvoo was founded in 1840 by Joseph Smith Jr. but was dormant by 1846.
For information, go to www.nauvoouniversity.com.
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Pianist Paul Cardall visits LDS Adriatic...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- RootsTech presenter shares tips for using...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 50
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 18
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- ... 4