The first group of students to have Nauvoo University on their transcripts will attend the Illinois school this fall.
University officials expect about 50 students in the inaugural
class. Officials expect the school to eventually expand to include
Nauvoo University is not owned or operated by The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it does require students to maintain
high moral and ethical standards and have an ecclesiastical endorsement.
The univeristy will use exisiting facilities to house the students
and staff, and officials plan to start a building program as soon as
possible. A fundraising campaign has already started.
The University of the City of Nauvoo was founded in 1840 by Joseph Smith Jr. but was dormant by 1846.
For information, go to www.nauvoouniversity.com.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- Anything for Auni: A community rallies to...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- Family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 56
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 40
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- California orders churches, others to... 28
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 13
- LDS Church releases video about suicide... 11