The first group of students to have Nauvoo University on their transcripts will attend the Illinois school this fall.
University officials expect about 50 students in the inaugural
class. Officials expect the school to eventually expand to include
Nauvoo University is not owned or operated by The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it does require students to maintain
high moral and ethical standards and have an ecclesiastical endorsement.
The univeristy will use exisiting facilities to house the students
and staff, and officials plan to start a building program as soon as
possible. A fundraising campaign has already started.
The University of the City of Nauvoo was founded in 1840 by Joseph Smith Jr. but was dormant by 1846.
For information, go to www.nauvoouniversity.com.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 60
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13