The first group of students to have Nauvoo University on their transcripts will attend the Illinois school this fall.
University officials expect about 50 students in the inaugural
class. Officials expect the school to eventually expand to include
Nauvoo University is not owned or operated by The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it does require students to maintain
high moral and ethical standards and have an ecclesiastical endorsement.
The univeristy will use exisiting facilities to house the students
and staff, and officials plan to start a building program as soon as
possible. A fundraising campaign has already started.
The University of the City of Nauvoo was founded in 1840 by Joseph Smith Jr. but was dormant by 1846.
For information, go to www.nauvoouniversity.com.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9