The first group of students to have Nauvoo University on their transcripts will attend the Illinois school this fall.
University officials expect about 50 students in the inaugural
class. Officials expect the school to eventually expand to include
Nauvoo University is not owned or operated by The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints, but it does require students to maintain
high moral and ethical standards and have an ecclesiastical endorsement.
The univeristy will use exisiting facilities to house the students
and staff, and officials plan to start a building program as soon as
possible. A fundraising campaign has already started.
The University of the City of Nauvoo was founded in 1840 by Joseph Smith Jr. but was dormant by 1846.
For information, go to www.nauvoouniversity.com.
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Why the University of Miami plans to hire a...
- 'An answer to many prayers': Hong Kong China...
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to the...
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer, conversion,...
- President Uchtdorf visits Europe, returns to...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 37
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 16
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer,... 12
- 'An answer to many prayers': Hong Kong... 6
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to... 5
- America's moral obligation in the... 5
- Watch: Mormon missionaries rescue... 5