Barton Glasser, Deseret News
A Salt Lake City firefighter trains for a bus-train accident on Tuesday. Firefighters extinguish flames on a train car during the training. The staged accident was designed to create a worst-case scenario with multiple elements involved and several bus passengers injured. The fire department completed the training by extinguishing fires and rescuing injured passengers. The buses used in the training were given to the fire department by UTA for training purposes.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11