Many people in our community go unnoticed or are under-appreciated. Mrs. Gregg, a teacher at Woods Cross High, is one. She is not only an English teacher but is also the adviser for debate, mock trial and Model United Nations. She spends hundreds of hours and most weekends working on these programs.
The Model United Nations conference in Salt Lake City is the longest-running MUN conference in the country. More than 600 students from Utah participate each year.
Because she doesn't coach a sports team, she is paid far less than other advisers, but she has changed countless lives. The community needs to know how valuable she is.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 80
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 50
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 26
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19