Huntsman family money is now bipartisan
Family favored Demos over GOP in '08 races
For example, Reid's spokesman, Rodell Mollineau, said that Reid helped with the governor's appointment to the ambassadorship by putting in a "good word" for him with administration officials, including Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel.
"He believes Huntsman is extremely well-qualified for the position," Mollineau said. "He also has a high regard for the entire Huntsman family, who have been leaders in the business community for years."
(In February this year, Karen and Jon Huntsman Sr. also each gave Reid a maximum-allowed $4,800 for his next campaign, and each gave the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee a maximum-allowed $30,400 donation. They each also gave the Republican senatorial committee identical donations.)
Meanwhile during the 2008 campaign, the governor's brother and sister-in-law, Huntsman Corp. President and CEO Peter Huntsman and his wife, Brynn, each gave $33,100 to Democrats — including $28,500 each to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and $4,600 each to Baucus.
Among Democratic donations by other siblings of the governor, Huntsman Corp. Vice President David Huntsman gave $4,600 to Baucus; and Jennifer Huntsman Parkin gave $2,300 to Baucus, and her husband, David Parkin, also gave Baucus $2,300.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 111
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 47
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18