SANDY — The Living Planet Aquarium has now hosted more than 1 million visitors since opening its doors in 2004.
"The Living Planet Aquarium had a terrific March and April after unveiling the Journey to South America Exhibit with over 84,000 people coming to visit, which is more than 72 percent higher than last year," said Angie Hyde, director of public relations and marketing. "We broke our prior one-month summertime record of 31,085 last year with 46,292 visitors this April."
On April 19, it reached its one-millionth visitor since opening the preview exhibit at The Gateway in 2004. General admission attendance includes school visits, birthday parties and special event rentals.
The aquarium anticipates adding South American penguins to the Journey to South America exhibit.
For more information, go to www.thelivingplanet.com or call 801-355-3474.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15