SANDY — The Living Planet Aquarium has now hosted more than 1 million visitors since opening its doors in 2004.
"The Living Planet Aquarium had a terrific March and April after unveiling the Journey to South America Exhibit with over 84,000 people coming to visit, which is more than 72 percent higher than last year," said Angie Hyde, director of public relations and marketing. "We broke our prior one-month summertime record of 31,085 last year with 46,292 visitors this April."
On April 19, it reached its one-millionth visitor since opening the preview exhibit at The Gateway in 2004. General admission attendance includes school visits, birthday parties and special event rentals.
The aquarium anticipates adding South American penguins to the Journey to South America exhibit.
For more information, go to www.thelivingplanet.com or call 801-355-3474.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 121
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 27
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12