SANDY — The Living Planet Aquarium has now hosted more than 1 million visitors since opening its doors in 2004.
"The Living Planet Aquarium had a terrific March and April after unveiling the Journey to South America Exhibit with over 84,000 people coming to visit, which is more than 72 percent higher than last year," said Angie Hyde, director of public relations and marketing. "We broke our prior one-month summertime record of 31,085 last year with 46,292 visitors this April."
On April 19, it reached its one-millionth visitor since opening the preview exhibit at The Gateway in 2004. General admission attendance includes school visits, birthday parties and special event rentals.
The aquarium anticipates adding South American penguins to the Journey to South America exhibit.
For more information, go to www.thelivingplanet.com or call 801-355-3474.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18