SANDY — The Living Planet Aquarium has now hosted more than 1 million visitors since opening its doors in 2004.
"The Living Planet Aquarium had a terrific March and April after unveiling the Journey to South America Exhibit with over 84,000 people coming to visit, which is more than 72 percent higher than last year," said Angie Hyde, director of public relations and marketing. "We broke our prior one-month summertime record of 31,085 last year with 46,292 visitors this April."
On April 19, it reached its one-millionth visitor since opening the preview exhibit at The Gateway in 2004. General admission attendance includes school visits, birthday parties and special event rentals.
The aquarium anticipates adding South American penguins to the Journey to South America exhibit.
For more information, go to www.thelivingplanet.com or call 801-355-3474.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17