Governor Huntsman causing national, local stir
'08 strategist sees Utahn as '12 candidate
"The governor doesn't have any contracts and isn't paying anyone to consult or anything like that," she said. "Certainly, they talk politics. He's a longtime friend, but he's not hired as a consultant."
Huntsman has been left out of a new GOP organization created to help redefine the party, the National Council for a New America. Romney, however, is playing a big role in the new organization, suggesting he has the backing of the party faithful.
"That's one of the key questions, will Gov. Huntsman be a man too ahead of the times for the Republican Party. If so, he'll remain a bit of a voice in the wilderness," Jowers said. "I think Huntsman feels whether he's proven right by 2012 or 2016, he's on the right side of history."
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 17
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15