NEPHI — A man lost his right hand after his dune buggy rolled up to a dozen times down Sand Mountain at the Little Sahara Recreation Area in Juab County.
Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme says the Hyrum man, 37, lost control of the vehicle on Sunday. He was flown to a Salt Lake City hospital with serious injuries but is expected to survive.
Orme says the man was experienced, but it only takes being careless one time to cause an injury.
Orme says training in sand safety is available at the recreation area's visitor's center.
— Associated Press
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7