NEPHI — A man lost his right hand after his dune buggy rolled up to a dozen times down Sand Mountain at the Little Sahara Recreation Area in Juab County.
Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme says the Hyrum man, 37, lost control of the vehicle on Sunday. He was flown to a Salt Lake City hospital with serious injuries but is expected to survive.
Orme says the man was experienced, but it only takes being careless one time to cause an injury.
Orme says training in sand safety is available at the recreation area's visitor's center.
— Associated Press
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11