LOS ANGELES — By the end, he had enough.
Sick of seeing one Jazz shooter after another get banged inside with no foul called, coach Jerry Sloan finally exploded.
He wound up getting ejected from Utah's season-ending NBA playoff loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, and afterward suggested he didn't regret it one bit.
"I never regret it," Sloan, who exited with one miniute and nine seconds remaining, said after the 107-96 loss in Game 5 of the first-round series. "I never worry about it. It's not about money or anything. It's just I view (it as) trying to support your team sometimes.
"Sometimes I do it the wrong way. I've got a trigger that's a little different than some other people, I guess. And so I have to take the consequences on it, and not run around and feel sorry about it."
Sloan was ejected as the Jazz were in the midst of a comeback bid, having trimmed L.A.'s 22-point third-quarter lead to as few as six with less than four minutes left.
Reserve guard Ronnie Price, who ignited the rally that came up short, got a technical as well before all was said and done.
His tech came with 5.9 seconds to go.
"I played that way," Sloan said, "and I tried to coach that way."
Sloan, who celebrated his 20th year as head coach of the Jazz earlier this season, gave every indication after Monday's game that he's ready for yet another season.
The 67-year-old who will be inducted in September to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame is under contract for next season.
"That's not a problem," Sloan said when asked about his usual postseason decompression period, in which he typically confirms his plans for another go at it.
Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor, meanwhile, had nothing but kind words for Sloan after the loss.
"I think this year he did a tremendous job," O'Connor said, "especially with the number of injures we had."
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Taysom Hill scores five touchdowns as BYU...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42